Corporate Treasury, Liquidity Risk Vice President, Salt Lake City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB FINANCE
We’re a team of specialists charged with managing the firm’s liquidity, capital and risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm’s counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm’s success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail.
Description of Corporate Treasury
Corporate Treasury works closely with the CFO, Treasurer and other members of senior management to manage the firm’s funding, liquidity, capital and relationships with external stakeholders. The Salt Lake City office is the liquidity center of excellence for Corporate Treasury, fully integrated with Liquidity Operations, Technology and Strats. The office plays a key role in deriving liquidity projections, risk management metrics and modeling, and liability planning. As a growth office, the mandate of Corporate Treasury Salt Lake City currently includes responsibility for leading global functions that are constantly expanding.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Responsibilities
• Develop and implement global and regional liquidity risk management and funding policies
• Produce key risk management metrics that are used to manage day-to-day risks
• Monitor liquidity risks relating to the firm’s business activities, including trading, financing, and operational activities
• Develop and implement liquidity and capital stress testing models
• Size and manage the firm’s liquidity pool
• Manage various secured and unsecured funding programs, such as repo funding, term bonds, and bank deposits, in partnership with the Securities Division
• Manage and optimize firm / customer inventory and derivatives collateral
• Optimize the level and composition of the firm’s capital base relative to its risk profile
• Analyze new business initiatives and products to assess their liquidity risks and funding and capital requirements
• Interpret and respond to new regulations that have an impact on liquidity, funding and/or capital
• Create presentations related to liquidity, funding and capital for discussion with Board of Directors, senior management, counterparties/clients, ratings agencies and regulators
Skills / Experience
• Ability to work on multiple projects with a high attention to detail
• Ability to analyze, evaluate and form independent judgments
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong quantitative skills (for example, relevant degree or experience)
• Ability to interact with and build relationships with people from different departments and levels of seniority
• Self-starter with good commercial perspective
• Prior experience in liquidity risk management or a relevant field (for example, Risk Management, Funding, Corporate Finance, Capital Markets) a plus
• 6+ years of experience
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.